How to Put on a Walk-in Cast in Nine Easy Steps.
So now I’m in a boot. And while it is better than a cast… by far, it still has some challenges. I’ve been taking it off to work on range of motion and to rest. Getting the damn thing back on is a hassle.
- Step one: find an angle where you can keep the boot on your leg while you close it without rebreaking your leg.
- Step two: close the Velcro on the padding.
- Step three: start closing the Velcro straps over your leg.
- Step four: see shin cover piece and swear.
- Step five: undo the Velcro straps.
- Step six: put on the shin cover.
- Step seven: vow to remember next time.
- Step eight: close straps.
- Step nine: tighten straps.