Hydroponics

So one of the things I got for Christmas was a hydroponic system. I finally got it up and running today. I now have peas, arugula, lettuce and radishes growing in our office.

I gathered all of my stuff.

The instructions weren’t great, but I put it together with only one assist from The Husband. It was not clear from the directions that you cut the hose to put in the check valve.

I chose my seeds, I tried peas, beans, tomatoes, arugula, radishes, and lettuce. The first step is to soak the seeds in water for at least three hours.

One of the many uses of lab tape in our household.

Once the seeds were soaked, I put them in damp gauze. To let them germinate.

Some did.

And some didn’t.

It took a few days, and then I added two gallons of water, and twoish teaspoons of maxigrow.

I placed the seeds in the rock wool, and turned on the pump.

Here’s hoping I have some vegetables soon!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: