How’d we do?
So… how’d we do on our less wasted food plan?
- Mahi Mahi with mango salsa over quinoa – we had to sub swordfish – and boy do we not like swordfish. But the owls and/or hawks enjoyed it. Used mango, pineapple, poblano, cucumber, and red pepper. The salad had apples in it.
- Beef stew – Did this – yum. Added some cabbage to the mix of the usual carrots, onions, and celery.
- Grilled chicken with vegetables and salad – Did this – or should I say, the husband did this.
- Pork Street tacos with calabacita – Forgot about the calabacita, which results in some potential waste below. SO damn good. I used the rest of the poblano, red peppers, onions. For the slaw, I used cabbage, onions, carrots, celery, and peppers.
- Pasta and marinara – ended up having to go to wichita, so we skipped this one.
- Added a lamb chop, with brussel sprouts, sweet potatoes and a salad.
- And tonight was FU Chicken (my roast chicken which is awesome), Brussel sprouts, and leftover sweet potatoes.
- 2 lbs of carrots – totally used.
- Bell Peppers – mostly used.
- 1 Cucumber – half used
- 1 Zucchini – not used
- 1 Squash – not used.
- 3 lbs of onions – mostly used.
- A head of garlic – partially used.
- 1 sweet potato – all used.
- 1 lb of Brussel Sprouts – mostly used.
- 1 head of red cabbage – half used.
- 1 head of romaine – totally used.
- 3 bananas – totally used.
- 1 mango – totally used.
- Pineapple – totally used.
- Added potatoes.
Produce I had:
- Salad Mix – totally used.
- Peppers – mostly used.
- Onions – mostly used.
- Celery – totally used.
- Radishes – didn’t use.
My goal is to use all of it before it goes bad.
So what I have left:
Three tiny potatoes
Some Brussel Sprouts
The carrots, squash, potatoes and zucchini will be used up for tomorrow’s lentil stew. Plus the bones and fat (plus the liver which came with the meat bundle) from the lamb chops made a wonderful lamb stock for the lentils. And the chicken is in the stock pot stockening.
I’m totally being lazy tomorrow and blowing my last free Click-list from Dillons, because I don’t want to get out of my car at the grocery store.